Sunday, January 27, 2019

Night Divers


Last Thursday night after attending that lecture I mentioned in yesterday's post, my friends and I walked to a restaurant conveniently located on the ASU campus for dinner.  On the way we spotted this scene.  I wish I had whipped out the iPhone earlier when there were three young women getting ready to dive into the pool (hidden behind the wall) below.  One had just jumped from that highest platform.  We stood and watched them.  We were all wrapped up in coats against the 50 degree (10c) chill in the air while they were in wet swimsuits.  Brrrr...  It made us glad we were headed for a warm restaurant and a glass of wine.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm showing the wonderful features of Millennium Park in Chicago.

8 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Let's hope that was a heated pool Sharon.. I like your destination so much better 😊

biebkriebels said...

Tough girls to take the dive!

Andy said...

Too bad you miss the first one. I know the feeling.

Lois said...

I hope that pool was heated too!

William Kendall said...

My campus has pools with diving boards of that height, but they're kept indoors!

RedPat said...

You still got a great pic, Sharon!

Bill said...

You missed one photo but got another to replace it. I like it!

Steve Reed said...

That's dedication! I wonder what the fabric sheets are for -- windbreaks, maybe?