Monday, January 28, 2019

Heavy on the Chocolate


I had friends over for dinner Saturday night and I made a new recipe I found on the David Lebovitz website.  His recipes are always good.  This one was called French Chocolate Cake and it was made with a LOT of chocolate and very little flour.  I served it with a scoop of Talenti Madagascar Vanilla Bean ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce (also a David Lebovitz recipe) and I topped the ice cream with a chocolate wafer.  It was chocolatey deliciousness.  The recipe is worth keeping.  I'm sure I'll make it again one day.


I was so busy cooking and serving that I forgot to take photos of the food but I did snap a photo of the cheese plate just before my guests arrived.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That looks very good, it must be a joy to have diner at your place!

RedPat said...

Wow, what a dessert, Sharon! I wouldn't need anything else to eat!

Steve Reed said...

Wow! That's an amazing dessert! It's like a much fancier version of a dessert I used to get at Denny's many years ago -- I think it was called "Death by Chocolate," and it involved a hunk of chocolate cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream and whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

Judy Ryer said...

That is a plethora of chocolate!

Thérèse said...

It looks so delicious and little flour is a plus of course.

Bill said...

That looks like the ultimate dessert, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

Oh my, Sharon. Oh my.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh! To a chocoholic that looks like heaven Sharon.. must look up that website. Your dinner table looks gorgeous ✨

William Kendall said...

I want that dessert.

I want it, I want it, I want it...