Monday, January 21, 2019

Cars, Cars and More Cars


I spent most of Saturday at the Barrett Jackson auto auction admiring all the beautiful cars and fighting the crowds of people.  It's an annual event that lasts a whole week and brings in collectors from all over the world.    I just go to look!   This 2012 McLaren High Sport caught my eye.  Look at those fancy wheels!


Here is a Mercedes Roadster that was once owned by John Lennon.  The sign says the it comes with ownership papers with John Lennon's signature and pictures of the car with it's famous former owner.  It says one picture was taken in front of Abbey Road Studios with Ringo Starr in the background!


I didn't see as many really old cars as I did the last time I went to this event.  This 1937 Cord Westchester Roadster was one of the oldest.


I didn't realize they had retractable headlights back in the 1930's!  I'll have more photos from this event over the week.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They all look very special and luxurious!

RedPat said...

I am so envious that you went Sharon! I watched a couple of hour of it on TV on Saturday evening. It is always so fascinating to see the auctions from there.

Steve Reed said...

Glitzy!

Lois said...

What a wonderful event! I would love to see the pictures of John Lennon with that car.

Bill said...

Classy cars indeed!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Superb cars, seen a few mclarens on the roads here an expencive toy

Catalyst said...

That Cord is absolutely beautiful. Wonder if you saw my former colleague and longtime friend Rick DeBruhl? He usually is involved with broadcasting this event.

Karl said...

Beautiful cars, Sharon, I like them all !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh they're all in such good condition Sharon.. reflections caught in their super shinyness 😊

William Kendall said...

They are beauties!

Jack said...

Very cool. I visit a car museum here in Naples every few years just because I admire the workmanship and beauty of the old cars.