Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Resort Weekend


I spent the weekend before Christmas at the Arizona Biltmore.  A friend won a weekend at the hotel last New Year's Eve and since she hadn't used it all year and it was due to expire, she asked if I wanted to join her.  The Arizona Biltmore is about two blocks from my house and I've been there many times for dinner or meetings or parties but I'd never stayed there before so I thought why not.


The front of the hotel was decorated with three Christmas trees that I photographed from the two points of view in these photos.  The inner courtyard was dominated by one huge tree that I pictured yesterday.  I'll have more photos from the weekend in the days to come.  It was fun to actually get to stay there.  I thought I'd feel a little odd since the hotel is so close to home but, once I had settled in, it was like being on vacation.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is fun, holiday in your hometown!

RedPat said...

It is a bit like a vacation in your own town - a stay station?

Catarina said...

Your friend had a great idea! Inviting you...
: )

Judy Ryer said...

Glad you had a nice time.

William Kendall said...

What a lovely place!

Lowell said...

I'd happily feel a little "odd" to be able to stay in such a place for a few days. And I'll look forward to your upcoming photos. Hope you had a super Christmas celebration!

Catalyst said...

Oh, you're so lucky! The B used to have a very fine Sunday brunch that I visited at least once, probably more than once. I wonder if they still do that.

Steve Reed said...

It's a beautiful building! Wright-inspired, if I remember correctly?

Jack said...

It is a lovely place. I almost giggled at the idea of staying in a grand hotel only two blocks from your home!