Monday, November 12, 2018

The Real Thing


Yesterday I posted some photos of paintings on display at the Desert Botanical Garden that featured some of the birds native to the desert southwest.  Apparently the real birds did not want to be out done by a group of paintings so they posed for some real-life shots.  It's rare that I spot the horned owls but there he was looking down at me.


This tiny little hummingbird was sitting in a nearby tree observing all the people gathering to get photos of the owl.


This sweet little cactus wren wasn't far away.  The cactus wrens are very plentiful in the garden so I can always count on seeing one of these fellows on my visits.  I guess art and nature go hand in hand at the Desert Botanical Garden.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful photos!

Kate said...

You could use "the wise ole Owl" as your profile photo. I always enjoy your Desert Botanical Garden. Guess what? I finally survived the flu. Have a good week!!

Steve Reed said...

Wow! Great shots. That owl is particularly impressive!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That is so cool Sharon, art imitating life.. the owl is fabulous. I so enjoy your visits to the Botanical garden ✨

RedPat said...

I'm amazed by the owl, Sharon! Wow.

Judy Ryer said...

How fun to see the owl!

William Kendall said...

That owl is a grand one!

Catarina said...

Magnificent! I never photographed an owl.

Lowell said...

I love owls! They are so magnificent and majestic and reek of danger! The owl photo captures its nature so well, and the other photos make a good counterpoint. That botanical garden is a well-spring of photographic options and I love all the photos from the garden which you deign to show us. I'll bet you have a ton of other, really good shots that remain in your camera or your archives! :)

Bill said...

Wow, the owl is quite impressive and you got a great photo of it. Well done, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

Owls seem to be very patient with photographers.

Lois said...

Wow Sharon, you really got some wonderful photos of the birds! They are lovely.

Jack said...

Last year I visited a similar place and found myself staring at a very quiet owl that didn't mind all of the people nearby. It was quite exciting.