Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The Centerpiece


We Americans will be celebrating Thanksgiving this Thursday, that all-American excuse to eat, eat and eat some more.  The traditional Thanksgiving table usually features a roasted turkey but, I found a new twist on that staple at my local grocery store.  They were taking orders for this very unusual Thanksgiving Turkey cake.  You read that right, it's a cake.  I don't know about you, but to me, that is just about the most unappealing cake I've ever seen.

14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is very confusing, you could put it in the oven by mistake!

Andy said...

You just made one lucky turkey happy, for the cake substitute. :-)

Catarina said...

I thought it was a turkey but with a very strange skin...
I would not buy that cake. You are right. It is not appealing.

RedPat said...

It doesn't appeal to me at all, Sharon! How odd!

Lowell said...

I agree! This is ugly and I can't imagine what it would taste like and why would you waste time on something like this when you could be cooking a real turkey in the oven? Unless, of course, you were a vegetarian.

Re the poop: There seems to be no limit to bad taste these days. I thought that pile of plastic poop makes a good symbol for "Life Under Trump." :)

William Kendall said...

That certainly doesn't look like a cake!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Going tosay the turkey looked a littleovercooked & dry, being a cake explains it

Bill said...

It's an odd looking cake, I think it looks more like bread.

Judy Ryer said...

That's just wrong.

Amy said...

hmmm Turkey Cake?!? I"m sure it's not as good as the real thing.

Catalyst said...

I hope it tastes better than it looks.

Steve Reed said...

I think these cake people have grown a little too creative for their own good.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh you made me laugh out loud Sharon, it really is pretty unappetizing looking ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

boromax said...

Ugh. Except for the sheer novelty of it, what is the point?