Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Ever Feel Like This?

I discovered a new piece at the Phoenix Art Museum recently.  Or, maybe I had just never seen it before.  It's called "Companion, Passing Through" and it's by an artist who goes by the name "KAWS".  His real name is Brian Donnelly.

Donnelly is an interesting fellow. His artistic career began in the 1990's and he has developed into quite a phenomenon.  His art is sought after by museums, by cities, by businesses and by individuals.

Check out his Wikipedia page for more info.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

He exposes all over the world, we had in Amsterdam giant items of him during an open air art exhibition. It remember me always a bit at Micky Mouse with those ears. :)

biebkriebels said...

I see just now the Wikipedia page with the Amsterdam sculptures..

Kate said...

How satisfying it must be as an artist to be so well-known!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Fantastic Sharon.. love that Marianne got excited about seeing his Amsterdam sculpture ☺

RedPat said...

This is art that most people can relate to. I rather like it, Sharon!

Lois said...

Yes I do feel like that sometimes. Beautiful work!

Steve Reed said...

I think KAWS got his start as a street artist, didn't he? I feel like I've seen his stuff somewhere. (Guess I need to read that Wikipedia page.)

William Kendall said...

It's not the same artist, but I'm reminded of another sculptor whose work I've seen in other blogs.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I do feel like that now and then. The trees in my blog are being harvested new ones will be planted to replace them

Judy Ryer said...

I like it....and yes I do feel like that sometimes.

Bill said...

We all have some days that we feel like that. The sculpture is beautiful.