Friday, July 27, 2018

St. Francis Xavier Church


Yesterday I posted a downtown church, today I'm posting an uptown church.  St. Francis Xavier church was completed in 1959 so it's not as old as yesterday's basilica.  It is a pretty church located on Central Avenue just south of Camelback Road.  I prefer this view through the palm trees and across the park-like area in front of the school that is attached to St. Francis.  Here is my picture from 10 years ago.

This concludes my reminiscing on the first few posts I made to this blog 10 years ago when it first started.  I'm sure there are some other sites I should do an update on and I'll plug them in whenever I find one.  Thanks for coming along with me while reviewed what I was doing a decade ago.

10 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice looking church, like the huge mural

Catarina said...

It is beautiful, indeed!

RedPat said...

THis is a really nice view of it, Sharon! It's a good idea to go back and take another look at some things - I may do so too.

William Kendall said...

It's a beauty! I can't recall seeing one in that style here.

Judy Ryer said...

I like both shots. Very nice.

Bill said...

The church is pretty impressive. Thanks for sharing those decade old photos with us, it was fun to see the differences.

Jack said...

I like today's photo much more than your earlier one. It must be satisfying to look back and see that your work is now better.

Karl said...

The church looks great, beautiful picture with those palms, Sharon !

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Do you have photos of the inside?

Steve Reed said...

That church does look very '50s. I think it's that bit sculpture on the outside.