Saturday, July 28, 2018

Returning Home


I returned from ten days in California last Saturday and had a whole row of seats all to myself.  Flying on Saturday does make a difference.  It was one of the very first times the window was clean enough to shoot pictures from so I think I was snapping away the entire hour-long flight.  The one above is as we approached Phoenix.


I snapped this one as we passed over downtown Phoenix.  It's a little fuzzy but I can still make out most of the buildings.  Can you spot the Hyatt hotel with it's revolving restaurant on top?  It's on the center-right and near the middle.


And, here we have just landed and the all too familiar Camelback Mountain is in the background.  I also like that I captured a Southwest flight taking off.

I had a great time in California with two days in L.A. and the rest near the beach on Newport Coast.  It was a wonderful break from this intense heat we've been having.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice photos, I always like to fly and see the world in miniature from above.

RedPat said...

You are obviously a relaxed flyer, Sharon! I always just want to get it over with and don't really like looking out the window at the ground way below!

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots! My own airplane experience has tended to be confined to trips between here and Toronto, which is an hour in the air.

Silver in AZ said...

dang, you were in my neck of the woods! Hope you had a great time!

Judy Ryer said...

I bet it was a shock to the system when you stepped outside.

Bill said...

Great photos from the plane seat. I love looking out the window and snapping photos. It was a nice break from the heat for you.

Catarina said...

Home sweet home!

Hope to see some of your vacation photos. : )

Kate said...

A plane with empty seats is so relaxing!! With the wildfires, it must have been an "interesting" trip.

Amy said...

It's very cool how little it all looks from up high.

Steve Reed said...

Great photos! It's hard to get decent shots from an airplane window.