Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A Luxury Hotel



The Arizona Biltmore Hotel is part of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel group which puts it on the list of luxury hotels. Historically, it has hosted celebrities from all over the world.

My last post about this hotel from 10 years ago featured the patio and I talked about what a great place it was to relax.  I took these new photos just last week when the temperature was hovering around 110 degrees (43C).  I didn't expect to see anyone sitting on the patio but I was wrong.  Although they can't be seen in the photo, there were several groups seated in the shade.  In fact, the hotel was surprisingly busy.  I mentioned that fact to the valet when I picked up my car and he said it's busy all the time no matter the time of year.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It looks a pretty place to stay, but Waldorf Astoria sounds a bit expensive to me.

Kate said...

I wouldn't mind a few days in this hotel, regardless of the outside temperature! 110 degrees, even if it is "dry" heat, is a bit much for me so I know I would stay indoors.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks good Sharon.. interesting to see the Sprites in your original shot too ✨

RedPat said...

What a difference the big pics we show today makes, Sharon! I'm impressed that you were out in those temps. We hit those temps on the humidex scale and everyone really suffers.

William Kendall said...

It certainly looks luxurious!

Judy Ryer said...

Must be some hardy folks staying there to be outside in that kind of heat.

Bill said...

A lovely looking place. The heat is crazy, I've never been in a place that hot. I wonder how can people stand it.

Steve Reed said...

"But it's a dry heat." LOL!