Sunday, June 24, 2018

Midtown Skyline


Thanks everyone for all the well wishes yesterday.  I think it helped to lift some of the symptoms as well as brightening my day.  I've pulled another photo from the archives, this time a skyline view of the high-rise buildings in the mid-town area of Phoenix.  I took this one from a grassy mound at Steele Indian School Park.


And, if I turn around a look in the opposite direction, I get a nice view of Camelback Mountain over the park's lake.  They do stock this lake so I often see fishermen by the lake like the guy down there in white.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  A new experience on my recent trip to Santa Fe is on the agenda.

11 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I know I've said this before, but I'm always surprised by how verdant Phoenix is in your photos. I always expect sand!

biebkriebels said...

I like that "camelback" mountain. The suits very well.

Kate said...

I haven't been to Phoenix for decades so your photos are fascinating to me as I compare them to my last memory of it and its downtown area.

Silver in AZ said...

Yes, always happy to see the green in the area. :)

Judy Ryer said...

Two well composed shots!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh that's two very different views there Sharon, looks lovely and green. Glad to hear you're feeling a wee bit better ✨

RedPat said...

That is so unlike my mental pic of your town, Sharon! It looks lovely! Glad you are feeling a bit better!

William Kendall said...

The mountain certainly has my attention!

Bill said...

Awesome photos, Sharon. I love "camelback" mountain, it's so pretty.

Catalyst said...

I wonder if they use "grey water" to keep the park so green.

Karl said...

The second photo is fabulous !