Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring in the Desert.....


....is feeling a lot like summer.  While it's been unseasonably cold in some parts of the globe this spring, it's been unseasonably warm here in the desert.  About 10 degrees warmer than it should be this time of year.  So if I want to take a walk at the Desert Botanical Garden, I need to get there early. I'm glad I was there early this last weekend to see the palo verde trees blooming and making a canopy of yellow to walk through.



I also saw the Chinese Wisteria blooming and I snapped a photo because it won't last much longer with the temperatures so high.

And I really liked this bougainvillea bonsai.  For a plant whose growth is difficult to control, seeing a bonsai version makes it patio perfect.

7 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That looks very good, weather is warming up here at last.

Andy said...

What a lovely, attractive spot. Enjoy.

Steve Reed said...

I love bougainvillea! I miss seeing them as I used to in Florida. Funny how your weather is warmer while everyone else is shivering! (Including us!)

Lowell said...

Thanks for that first photo, as it helps put a the Botanical Gardens in perspective...I can see why you'd want to spend a lot of time there...the entire place is beautiful not just the various plants. Climate change is bringing some strange weather around the world. It is quite cold here this morning and just the other day it was 85 degrees.

I really like wisteria but, as you say, it doesn't last very long. I like bougainvillea also but it tends to attack me with those sharp little spines when I least expect it. :)

Judy Ryer said...

That bougainvillea would look perfect on a balcony patio. I like Wisteria too, such a beautiful plant.

William Kendall said...

Cheerful colours, Sharon!

RedPat said...

I love that first pic, Sharon! We are a long way off from Wisteria here but it does tend to last a while here when it flowers!