Friday, March 9, 2018

Try These On....



Yesterday I told you about the fashion exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum featuring designs by Iris van Herpen.  Today I have a selection of shoes that were in the exhibit.  These were all made by a 3-D Printer.


























I really do love a nice pair of shoes but, these are down-right scary!  I'll leave these unique designs to the flamboyant rock stars of the day.  There are a few I could see wearing these.

It was an interesting show that I enjoyed seeing.   It's important to think of the pieces as art and try not to think of them as something to be worn.

12 comments:

Christine said...

I am amazed to see these creations and think that they are made by 3D printers!

biebkriebels said...

I am fond of shoes, amazing what they can print with a 3D-printer nowadays. It makes unusual shoes for popstars maybe? :)

Steve Reed said...

Interesting. I wonder if they COULD be worn? What are they made of?

Andy said...

Oh my aching feet!

RedPat said...

I don't think anyone could walk too far in these, Sharon. They look like cartoon shoes don't they?

Judy Ryer said...

Art it is! Too painful to contemplate wearing.

William Kendall said...

Some of them have more of a sci-fi vibe to them.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I absolutely agree Sharon. You have to look at these shoes as pieces of art. I would enjoy seeing these more than some of what they try to pass of as art 😀😀

Karl said...

Nice to look at, but, can you even walk with these shoes?

Bill said...

For art display only, do not attempt to wear these on your feet. :)
Interesting to see but that is about it.

Lowell said...

In this case, they are really "3-Dumb Printers." Yikes. These are simply a waste of material and space. And that's the truth! :)

Thérèse said...

I love to see people walking with these kind of shoes because usually the clothing part goes with it.