Monday, March 5, 2018

Reflection Rising



The last two weekends have been the annual Canal Convergence art event on the Scottsdale Waterfront.  They have lots of activities in the evenings of the weekend but, I wasn't able to attend the evening events so I went during the day to see what art pieces they had up for the event.























This piece was just mesmerizing.  It was a very long strand of streamers that were stretched from one bridge over the canal all the way to the next bridge.  They said is was the length of three football fields.


At the other end, the streamers were thicker and this patch of silver ones were undulating in the wind.  It was so beautiful to watch.  I stood under it for a long time just enjoying the movement.

14 comments:

Lowell said...

Fascinating and mesmerizing! But what got my attention was the water. That did not exist back in my time living in Scottsdale. And one of the things I missed living in the Phoenix area was water. It's not going to happen but I'd love to go back and revisit my old haunts which are probably not there, either!

Karl said...

Beautiful and eye catching pictures, Sharon !

biebkriebels said...

What an amazing way of celebration. How wonderful done and you made such beautiful photos, that first one is great!

Stefan Jansson said...

Impressive.

Christine said...

This is so, so beautiful! I wish I could be there in person to watch it and be enthralled by it! Thanks so much for sharing!

RedPat said...

That is a fabulous piece, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What an amazingly gorgeous installation Sharon, I've said it many times, thank heavens for the artistic mind! Beautifully shown here ✨

Lowell said...

I agree re Hobby Lobby. That Green family are a bunch of wackos! Lois sometimes buys Xmas wrapping paper there but that's about it.

Catalyst said...

That is simply exciting!

Judy Ryer said...

I can see how that would be mesmerizing.

William Kendall said...

You've photographed it beautifully.

Bill said...

A beautiful piece and your photos shows its beauty. Nice, Sharon.

Jack said...

Wow. Let me guess. This is a high income community, right?

Steve Reed said...

Wow! I LOVE that!