Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fire Drill, part two


Yesterday I mentioned that standing on the sidewalk during a fire drill prompted me to notice a row of businesses across the street from the building where I work.  It's a group of offices that I hadn't paid much attention to.  This one is a Medical Marijuana clinic.


This one is the exception to that statement I made about not paying attention to these businesses.  This one I've actually photographed before.  I always enjoy seeing those brightly colored doors and the assortment of Mexican art pieces they have sitting out front.  When they close this shop, they take all of those things back inside including the row of lizards that are decorating the wall above the doors.


Here we have Dog Town, a dog grooming business.  It's funny that I've never noticed any dogs coming or going from here.


This last one is a Tech Repair shop.  It looks like they specialize in fixing cell phones.  I can't really imagine there would be a lot of call for service on cell phones.   Obviously there is.

That's the last of this set of businesses.  I'm guessing that Phoenix is brimming with places like this.  I need to make a point of finding another row of them to photograph.

14 comments:

Andy said...

Taking a closer look has paid off. It has happened to me many times.

Christine said...

I'd love a browse around the Mexican Art wares shop! It's an attractive display, but a lot of work to bring it all back in!

biebkriebels said...

That is a whole new subject to photograph! I like the photos.

Catarina said...

Lovely photos!!

I would not mind visiting that Mexican shop.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

There are little places like that every where and you wonder how they make any money. Love that second photo

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can see why Mezza's would be hard to miss Sharon 😀 I think I'd be in there pronto!

RedPat said...

It is an interesting series, Sharon! Seeing what all of the neighboring businesses have to offer is rather fascinating - I may try this somewhere here.

Steve Reed said...

Love the little Mexican furniture shop, especially! These everyday shopping plazas can be pretty interesting upon closer examination.

William Kendall said...

The Mexican furnishings shop looks appealing!

Lowell said...

What a fun and funky group of businesses. I like them all. That's got to be a lot of work to take in all those pieces at night at the Mexican art place. I'm most interested in the Medical Marijuana shop. Do you think your doctor could write me a prescription? I'm hurting all over. :)

TJ Davis said...

Thanks Sharon,

I used to drive right by there often when my friend was still alive. Nice memories.
Things look some different now of course, but basically the same.

Tom

Judy Ryer said...

Lots of different kinds of businesses along there but all in the old buildings. They look to be well kept.

Bill said...

An interesting look at those businesses created some nice photos. I like the Meza's in Art shop, it's very attractive with all those items outside decorating the front.

Thérèse said...

Interesting set of businesses!