Monday, March 12, 2018

Desert Scene


I spotted a new mural on the route I take when I drive to the Desert Botanical Garden.  The trouble is, it's in a very awkward spot to photograph.


It's located on a narrow alley that runs along side a wide irrigation canal.  If I take the photos from the alley, they are at an angle.  If I take them from across the canal, the mural is too far away.  So, these shots will have to do.  As you can see from all the shadows, the canal is lined with large scale power lines, adding to the difficulties.  I did find a signature on this one.  It's by Jake Early.  Check his sight, I bet you will recognize some of his other work.  He has done a lot of National Park paintings.

12 comments:

Andy said...

I know the feeling... most murals are a challenge to photograph. At least there were no cars parked in front of it.

Lowell said...

Actually, you saw the challenge and you met the challenge and ended up by giving your readers a good sense of what the mural is all about and it is very beautiful and very Arizonian and thank you! The only problem I see is that it's in an area where a lot of folks won't get a chance to see it.

biebkriebels said...

It is a huge one, but you caught it very well.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I don't mind the shadows etc Sharon. It's a wonderful discovery, the colours of the mural with the blue sky is a fabulous combination!

RedPat said...

I like it and you caught it with great light and that wonderful sky, Sharon!

Christine said...

From this perspective it catches the light so well to create a glowing desert scene! I really like this!

William Kendall said...

It's well done. Sometimes the angle is the best option for shots like these.

Judy Ryer said...

That was quite an undertaking to paint that long wall. Nice!

Karl said...

Beautiful and vivid colors on this one, Sharon !

Bill said...

This mural is a beauty, Sharon and you captured it well.

Lois said...

Gorgeous colors against that blue sky!

Steve Reed said...

What a great mural! I actually love the dramatic shadows. They seem to add to it.