Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Art of Ikebana



I visited the Phoenix Art Museum last Friday to see a selection of Ikebana flower arrangements that were set up for the weekend in the Asian Art Gallery.  I think this one was my favorite of them all but, really it was very hard to choose just one.

They were all done by individuals who are students of different Ikebana classes.  This one was created by Beth Cullison.

















This beauty with the exotic red blooms was created by Terry Jones.

































This one in the turtle vase was created by Maya Rosenblatt.



































I love the large pine branch combined with the stargazer lily in this one by Susan Allen.

These look so simple to create but, I've tried.  It is not as easy as it looks.


13 comments:

Lowell said...

We have a Japanese friend who made us a "plant" very similar to the third one. She had a business creating these kinds of works of art for many years. I'd say my fave is the first one, also. It looks like to trumpets blowing our gorgeous photos from their horns!

biebkriebels said...

That is real art indeed.

Christine said...

They are all so beautiful! I love the pine branch and stargazer lily display.

Judy Ryer said...

All beautiful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nothing is ever as easy as it looks Sharon 😀 These are incroyably elegant and would make any table or dresser look instantly fabulous!

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful! I've seen this done here, also at a museum.

Steve Reed said...

As with many things Japanese, apparent "simplicity" is actually quite complex!

RedPat said...

I love that last one, Sharon! They are all so beautiful!

Bill said...

These are beautiful and well done, very creative indeed. I love the first one, it's my favorite.

Lois said...

So pretty! They are all very talented.

Catalyst said...

I had to Google Ikebana to find out it means flower arranging.

Thérèse said...

I would tend to choose the first one for the colors and for the shape. Easier too to practice the Ikebana's Art.

Jack said...

I kind of like the top one. A bit simple but nice.