Friday, January 12, 2018

For Your Amusement


Whenever I'm out with my camera I will run across some odd things that aren't necessarily scenic or indicative of my city but, they just beg to be photographed nonetheless.  Today I have a assortment of such photos.  Above is a jar of mayonnaise left at a bus stop.  I've seen clothes left a bus stops before but never a jar of mayonnaise.


These two green bikes caught my eye.  They aren't the exact same shade of green but they are green and the were chained together.  I couldn't help thinking that it might have been a mother daughter outing.


I passed by this pile of barricades several days in a row until I finally couldn't control the urge to stop and snap a picture of them.  They were in the same spot for at least a week but I never saw any construction or any other need to use them.


Finally, a trip through the car wash had me wondering what a photo through the windshield would look like.  Next thing I knew, I had my camera in my hand.

There it is, an assortment of silly shots.  We can't be serious all the time.

13 comments:

Christine said...

So glad we can enjoy a chuckle at life's bizarre moments, thanks for sharing these quirky shots!

Andy said...

There is nothing wrong with your power of observation. Who would leave a jar of mayonnaise behind??? lol

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting array of images... hopefully someone made good use of the mayo!

Judy Ryer said...

That was fun!

William Kendall said...

A forgetful shopper, I presume... who would otherwise leave mayo behind?

RedPat said...

There has to be a story with that mayo, Sharon! Fun pics!

Thérèse said...

What a fun collection of impromptu images!

Catalyst said...

These are wonderful photographs, Sharon.

Lowell said...

What great fun. I've done this same thing and the carwash photo was the most exciting and interesting. Just remember to keep your windows rolled up. I have a tendency to want to roll 'em down to get a better shot! :)

Bill said...

Nice fun post. It is interesting what passes our eyes in the course of a day. I have a bunch of photos like that too. I left a bag of apples and carrots in my reusable bag at a bus stop a few months ago. As we sat down and the bus took off, I saw my bag sitting there on the ground but the bus was crowded and couldn't stop. I hope somebody ate the apples and carrots, they weren't open plus they got a nice reusable bag too.

Steve Reed said...

I love assortments of silly shots, as you know! :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Made me smile Sharon 😊 someone's going to be in trouble for mislaying the mayonnaise!

Catarina said...

Hello

An amazing assortment of silly shots as you call them but that I enjoyed very much. My favourite? The bench and the mayo, :)