Sunday, October 22, 2017

Before and After


Last month I told you about my Art Club's meeting when we all got a lesson on pottery glazing.  Above is a photo similar to the one I posted of my three pieces and how they looked before they were fired.  Friday night at our meeting we got the finished products.


I love all three pieces.  They are each so different and each one looks completely different than they did before the firing.  In fact, it's like magic how much they changed.  That bowl that looks so pale in the top photo is a stunning royal blue.  That plate looked like one solid color but it turned out with a bit of a pattern on it that I like.  But, my favorite is the vase.  The two colors couldn't be more different than they looked before and I love all the patterns in the glaze.  I would jump at a chance to do this again.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting an Arizona winery.

9 comments:

Kate said...

What a wonderful transformation!

Lois said...

That is amazing and they are so pretty! I think my favorite is the blue bowl. Such a beautiful shade of blue!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow! They are fantastic Sharon! Who would have thought the colours would change so dramatically. The deep blue vase is too beautiful!

William Kendall said...

Very well done!

Bill said...

That's quite the transformation, Sharon. I like them all, they are so unique and different.

Lowell said...

Kudos to you, Sharon. Your artistry amazes me. I'd like the blue bowl, please? :)

RedPat said...

Opening a fired kiln is like Christmas morning! You never really know what you might get! Nice, Sharon!

Judy Ryer said...

Those are awesome!

Thérèse said...

Actually I love the one in the middle but each one has its own beautiful appeal.