Friday, October 20, 2017

Artistic Touches


I'm following up from yesterday's post with two more of the artistic pieces from the recent remodel of the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Phoenix.  This steel and iron sculpture is behind the front desk and represents the downtown skyline of Phoenix.  I was able to pick out a couple of the buildings, especially that giant sun burst that sits atop the city hall building.  They didn't know the artist for this piece because it's one that has been with the hotel for a very long time.  They've just moved it to amore prominent position.  The wall behind it is composed of resin lizard tiles.  There was another wall in the lobby that also had the same tiles.


The bright blue glass sculptures are secured to a wall on a landing that leads to the lower-level and the conference rooms for the hotel.

This one represents the precious water that is vital to being able to live in a desert environment.

I'll have more scenes from inside the hotel tomorrow.

12 comments:

Christine said...

these are both wonderful representations of life springing up in the desert!

Lowell said...

I'm amazed at both of these. But I like the skyline best of all.

Lois said...

They are lovely!

William Kendall said...

Remarkable- especially the first shot!

Silver in AZ said...

Just stunning! Thanks for sharing, Sharon!

Judy Ryer said...

Very nice!

RedPat said...

I like the first one a lot, Sharon! So simple but yet so effective.

Bill said...

Wow, both are stunning. I love the artist's interpretation of the Phoenix skyline. Very nice, Sharon.

Kate said...

I like th snugness of that little space by the landing.

Thérèse said...

The skywall is very very nice.

Thérèse said...

Sorry "skyline".

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I don't think I've ever seen lizard tiles before Sharon, what a fabulous backdrop they make for the wall sculptures.