Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Communing with Nature


I did make it outdoors on Sunday to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and to do a little communing with nature.  I took a long walk at the Desert Botanical Garden where I found this lovely white datura bloom.  It's looking pretty good with those splotches of red flowers behind it.


The honey bees were busy as usual.


And the bright sun shining on this palm leaf was making it hard to resist.  I was hoping we were headed into fall weather but, the reports say it's heating up again later this week.

15 comments:

Christine said...

Time well spent and wonderful shots to share! I love the sun filtering through the palm leaf!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Like the trumpet shot in the first photo

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks like it was a pleasant walk.

Mersad said...

Absolutely fantastic images. Love the colors.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Steve Reed said...

Nice! I love the background on the datura photo.

Lowell said...

Among your many talents, you are an excellent nature photographer! These photos are each quite beautiful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Botanic Gardens are the best aren't they Sharon, especially if you can get there early, cooler and before the crowds! Always love your shots from there!

Lois said...

Beautiful photos Sharon, especially that first one!

Catalyst said...

That palm leaf shot is spectacular!

RedPat said...

Love the pics, Sharon! The palm leaf looks wonderful.We are still in a heat wave - it is so humid here!

William Kendall said...

The second one is my favourite.

Bill said...

I absolutely love the palm leaf. It's gorgeous.

Judy Ryer said...

Looks like a nice walk!

Kate said...

The individual leaves (fronds?) of the palm leaf branch are almost perfect !

Jack said...

Whenever you post flower close-ups, I comment on how good you are with macros, something I just can't do.