Monday, May 15, 2017

Fit for a Princess


The resort I visited last weekend was the Scottsdale Princess, a Fairmont property located in north Scottsdale.  It's a huge property that has been located on that spot for about 30 years.  In fact, I stayed at this resort many years ago for a conference and I remember well how beautiful the rooms and the facility was.  It was painted a desert pink back in those days.  I see now that it has been painted a cream color.  This is the place where I saw the girls I featured yesterday practicing some type of "air" dance.


This is one of the pools on the property and it was busy with a lot of people out soaking up some desert sunshine.


The lobby was adorned with a stunning flower arrangement full of bouquets of salmon-colored roses.

I recall that when I stayed here, there was a huge flower arrangement on this table.  I remember that it's size impressed me at the time.

Tomorrow I'll introduce you to an unusual "greeter" who was working in the lobby.

11 comments:

Christine said...

It is a gorgeous resort, Sharon! Your photos really do entice me to visit!

Andy said...

Lovely perspective in the first photo. The flower arrangement is eye catching.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super perspective in first shot Sharon, the resort looks amazing, even more so when you think it's in the middle of the desert.. more of an oasis ☺

Thérèse said...

I used to know this place from a long time ago too. Each year at Christmas time I would drive to the Princess Hotel with friends to pick up our orders of sweet butter and puff pastry, it was the only place in Phoenix to be able to provide them. Such a beautiful shade is more than welcome in the summer time.

Lowell said...

Looks upscale all the way. A fun place to stay and play!

Lois said...

It does look nice. I like those columns.

Judy said...

Very nice!

Halcyon said...

I love those columns. Looks like a fantastic place!

Kate said...

It is a unique, creative and lovely floral arrangement. The columns seem a bit austere; do you suppose the "vases" are often filled with flowers or decorative material?

Bill said...

Those columns look nice, I like the way you composed the photo. The flowers and their vases are beautiful. Looks like a pleasant place to enjoy.

William Kendall said...

That pool is a welcome sight!