Thursday, May 25, 2017

Dinner at My House


Last week I cooked dinner for my friend David and I made a recipe for coq au vin that I've had for many years.  Since it was a French recipe, I decided the dig out the French dishes to set the table properly.  This dinnerware is one of the sets that survived the great purge of "things" I did when I moved three years ago.  To add to the table since they match perfectly, I got out the candle holders that David brought me from his trip to Prague a few years ago.  I think they added just the right touch.  Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the coq au vin.  It was so delicious we ate every single bite.

15 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

Wow! What a star you are to have dinnerware to match the dish. And, yes, I bet the food was good too.

Karl said...

Candle light dinner, how romantic!

Silver in AZ said...

I love it! :)

Steve Reed said...

I love those dishes! Vive La France! :)

Kate said...

Lovely place setting. Now aren't you glad that you saved the china? VJ will be very envious if she sees this.

Christine said...

Every credit to you, Sharon! This is a beautiful table setting!

Judy said...

I would guess that even after the purge you still have plenty of sets of dishes. These are very pretty. Lucky David.

Lowell said...

All I can think is "lucky" Dave! What a beautiful table. Yes, the place in Superior is similar and I would love to visit that sometime. Also, you are right! It must have been Encanto. I remember both names but can't differentiate between them anymore! ;) Hey, it's been a long time and my mem'ry ain't so good!

Bill said...

What a lovely table setting to share a meal with a friend. Sounds like a great evening.

RedPat said...

Looks wonderful, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

An appealing table setting, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

What an elegant table setting. SWMBO said but she's set the table backward. The forks should be on the left and the knife and spoons on the right. Then she said but maybe she's left handed. But I said she was serving Coq au Vin, which is a French recipe so maybe they ate in the Continental style. Can you settle this?

Lois said...

I love those dishes! What a beautiful table setting. I'm sure the food was wonderful too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh thank heavens that gorgeous Paris themed dinner service survived Sharon, can't believe you would even consider letting it go, I love it and I'm sure the Coq au Vin tasted even more special served on it 😀😀

Bob Crowe said...

Was Virginia invited?