Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Scottdale Resort


I've driven past the Westin Kierland Resort many times but had never been inside the place so I remedied that recently when I took a little tour around the hotel.




First I stopped for lunch at the hotel's restaurant. I had heard good things about the food there but, I'd have to say I wasn't impressed.

However I was impressed by the view from the restaurant looking out over the golf course and a little lake.






















The decor inside gave it just your average hotel look.  I think they did a much better job on the grounds than they did on the interior.  But, I did quite like this table and art piece sitting in an obscure little corner.

10 comments:

Christine said...

It does look impressive and the grounds are immaculate.
Just a pity the food was a bit of a let down.

Lowell said...

I do like the looks of the golf course, except for all those damn bunkers! Sheesh! Don't course architects know my ball has a propensity for sand traps? And I've never managed to figure out how to successfully get my ball out of them and in a proper place for another shot! :)

Karl said...

A nice place for a vacation.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's a little disappointing when things, especially food ☺ don't live up to their reputation but the outside view certainly made up for it Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

It looks like a nice place to stay if you're a visitor -- but maybe not if you live there!

Halcyon said...

What's the name of the golf course? I think I may have played here a few years ago. :-)

William Kendall said...

The art piece is interesting.

LOLfromPasa said...

It all looks so clean and tidy. Sorry about the food. Very nice to have such a grand golf course so close by.

Kate said...

The building is framed nicely between those two palms in your photo. I, took, like the art work and setting the last photo.

Lois said...

That is a nice view!