Monday, April 17, 2017

Back to the Home Tour


I think this next house on the home tour I started featuring last week had my favorite landscape.  However, it was way to far away from the center of the city to suit me.  I hate to think about that drive into the city every day.  We entered this home down a long stone paved driveway.


Off to one side of the front of the house was this pretty sitting area.  I guess this might be a good place to unwind after a long drive from the city in very heavy traffic.


In the back of the house were two more sitting areas.  This one under the cover of a patio roof is all set up for conversations with guests.


This sitting area was a little further out in the yard where one could take in the views (on a clear day) and enjoy a roaring fire on those chilly winter days.


But, I think what I liked the most was the great desert landscape.  This place has it's own mini botanical garden right on site.  I have a few more pictures from this house tomorrow.  Clearly I liked this one best and if they could shrink it's size down and plop into the city center, I'd love it.

12 comments:

Steve Reed said...

It's nice that they surrounded it with some desert landscaping. Is it hard to get permits to build out in the desert? It seems like disrupting the native vegetation could be very damaging to the environment -- the saguaros and other plants take a long time to grow, don't they? I love that view from the seating area on the patio.

Christine said...

It seems the owners of this fabulous home have thought of everything! They maybe work from home though I'd be too taken with the views to do much work!

Lowell said...

It looks like there might be more outside living than inside living in this housing situation. It's all quite beautiful but I also know that for much of the year the outside living is impossible because of the heat. What's your take on that?

Thérèse said...

I have never seen a place with so many sitting areas, one for each time of the day! I would definitively choose to sit in the little botanical garden to relax.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hi Sharon, I've just checked out back posts, gosh I've missed those wonderful Phoenix scenes. The first thing that I noticed from your visit to this home today was how in the first shot all the cactus have gorgeous yellow flowers, must be spring blooms! It is a lovely home but unless you don't mind the travel and traffic it could be a deal breaker ☺ unless it's a weekend retreat!

RedPat said...

I like to be able to walk to a store or pub so no way out in the country for me! Love their garden though!

Bill said...

A gorgeous looking house with lots of sitting areas, I assume for all the guests that will be visiting. It is too far from the city for me too.

Lois said...

The landscape is beautiful. They must spend a lot of time outside with all those nice sitting areas!

Catalyst said...

That last picture is a keeper. I could live there.

William Kendall said...

A marvelous place to live in!

Kate said...

The landscaping is extraordinary yet I wonder how mch water all that greenery uses!

Jack said...

The last seating area, with the fire pit and the view into the mountains, is pretty special. I would probably rotate between this one and the one under cover.