Friday, March 3, 2017

Irruption


This was the photo I was going to use for theme day before I found that great piece at the Heard Museum last weekend.  I took this photo back in 2015 of an artwork at the Phoenix Art Museum called Irruption Series by Regina Silveira.  I checked her website and she has others in this series in Houston, Taipei and Sao Paulo.  Ours appears to be the smallest.  One picture I saw covered the outside of the museum!

I took this photo in June of last year when the museum positioned a black sculpture in front of this piece.  I'm afraid I don't know the artist who did the tire-themed sculpture.

So these two photos have been sitting in my archives just waiting for an appropriate use and I think that theme of Black and White in Color was just the thing to set them free.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I wonder if she used her own feet for "Irruption"? It would be hard to make that design so clearly without smudging or stepping in unintentional places.

Christine said...

I don't know what it is about those feet that makes me think tadpoles? Great b&w piece.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Good heavens, how creative the artistic mind! I sometimes wonder what comes first for the artist, the title or the painting.. I know for me with photos it's often the title ☺

William Kendall said...

Striking and creative!

RedPat said...

I like the pieces and I like your 2nd pic a lot, Sharon!

Lois said...

I like them both! They are perfect for the theme.

Kate said...

The top photo amuses me as it reminds me of labor and birth. Amuses? Guess that is the wrong reaction! I am always interested in immediate associations after viewing a piece of art; our minds work in interesting ways.