Thursday, March 23, 2017

Canal Convergence


The annual Canal Convergence Art Celebration has been going on along the Scottsdale Waterfront for the past month.  It's all about the art, water, and light.  I haven't been there at night yet so I haven't seen the what the light part of it looks like.



These extra large, white blooms are scattered along the canal.  Each one responds the people around them by opening up and closing.






























And, they also light up from the inside.  I better hurry up and get over there at night so I can see what they look like all lit up.

14 comments:

Halcyon said...

Those flowers are really neat-looking. I do hope you'll get back in the evening, bet it's magical.

Andy said...

Interesting and entertaining flowers. They look awesome.

Christine said...

How fantastic! I love those interactive flowers!

Lowell said...

I don't think this existed when I was there. What a great place. Love the flowers!

Steve Reed said...

How interesting! You're very fortunate to live in an area with so much public art!

Karl said...

Interesting art installations, Sharon.
I would also get over there at night, must be fascinating

Judy said...

How fun!

William Kendall said...

That sounds very cool! Yes, you must capture these by night!

RedPat said...

Those flowers look amazing!

Bill said...

Interacting art, how cool is that. They must be incredible at night to see, hope you can make it before they disappear.

MaryAnn said...

Sorry I missed this on this trip. Will it be around in April

Kate said...

Those white blooms are an interesting and unusual installation.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How fab Sharon, the flowers made me smile.. why did I think of The Day of the Triffids ☺ Looking forward to seeing this all out up at night.. no pressure ☺☺

Jack said...

Ain't that weird!