Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Urban vs. Rural


The area where I found yesterday's witch, is a patch of homes with huge lots and very narrow streets giving it a very rural look.  In reality is just feet away from busy Camelback Road and right in the heart of Phoenix.  I like to drive around in here every now and then and it seems I always discover something new or interesting to photograph.  Last year I found this shot that looks like it was taken on a country road somewhere.  I was looking for something similar when I found this patch of gnarled trees.  They were looking very picturesque with their winter bareness.


I also spotted a few homes that I've seen before but, I like the way they looked on this damp and grey morning.  It's funny how a little rain and wet weather changes the look of things.



I noticed I was being watched while I was doing my photographic explorations!

12 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

Looks a very private community. I do like that gate on the first house.

Lowell said...

I wonder if the residents are as old and gnarly as their trees? Hey, it could happen! :)

Catalyst said...

Some wonderful shots and that dog is very handsome. And alert!

Judy said...

Looks like a nice quiet neighborhood. Except for the watch dog, but he doesn't look like he's barking.

Christine said...

Those twisty trees made for a great photo op in this interesting neighborhood.

RedPat said...

Yes it doesn't look like the hot dry dessert without the sun shining in your pics, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

The dog is quite curious about you!

Bill said...

I like those twisty trees, they're very different. The dog is not missing anything, he is watching what you're doing and not objecting to it. Well done!
Thanks for the well wishes concerning my cataract surgery. It went well.

Lois said...

So many interesting things to photograph. I love those trees and I think that dog means business!

Bob Crowe said...

A little rain in Phoenix changes the city's whole identity. Some day I'll see all those flood gutters flowing with water.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

A little rain in Perth has the same effect Sharon, I always enjoy it so much. Love the dog, a type of spaniel ?

Jack said...

It is a lot of fun just wandering up and down streets to see what we see. My parents used to go on what my mother called "penny rides." Whenever you come to a fork, you flip a coin to see which branch to take.