Sunday, January 22, 2017

Memories from the Past


When I was driving around on Friday I spotted this relic of the past sitting in someone's yard.  When I was a teenager, my mom and dad had a travel trailer very similar to this one that we vacationed in for several years.  The only difference is that our's had an overhang in front where an upper bunk was located.  Those wings on the back give it away as a Shasta travel trailer.  I have lots of fond memories of wonderful trips with the family in our little moving hotel.  We camped in style.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm walking in the footsteps of the Knights Templar.


12 comments:

Steve Reed said...

When I was little I used to fantasize about living on the road in a camper or motor home!

Stefan Jansson said...

Very popular in Sweden travelling around the country with a "husvagn". There are people that always go to the same camping year after year and stay there all Summer

Lowell said...

The modern version of this is still around. Our neighbor just bought a new one and it sits in his back yard. He and his wife take 6-week trips in it every summer. It's a little tight, though, and I think sometimes by the time they get home their relationship is a little fragile. :)

Judy said...

I remember the trip from Illinois to the Grand Canyon with that camper. That was when Dad sliced the tip of his finger off and had to go to the Grand Canyon clinic to get stitches. The campgrounds look much the same now as they did then.

Lois said...

I remember these campers! My Aunt and Uncle had one. So much fun!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks so retro Sharon 😊 Don't we all have such happy memories of camping, I think it used to be a big part of family life years ago, probably still is!

Catalyst said...

I have longed for years for an rv or travel trailer but SWMBO says my mechanical skills would result in a disaster when something broke on the road. A dream unfulfilled.

William Kendall said...

It's very old fashioned!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

We call them cavans here and that does look old

RedPat said...

I love the retro feel of this one, Sharon! We never camped - stayed in motels on our family holidays as long as they allowed dogs!

Bill said...

I remember those, pack them up and off for the summer.

Jack said...

Must be nice memories for you. I have never been in a trailer.