Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Is It a Spill or Is It Murder??


Last Friday night, I went with a few friends to a blind wine-tasting event at our local Total Wine store.  It was a tasting to see if we could tell the "Old World" wines from the "New World" wines.  Old world refers basically to France and and new world is pretty much anywhere else.  I did pretty good.  I only got one set wrong.  On the way out of the store, I saw this rather ominous puddle oozing out from under the shelving.  I think there might be a broken bottle somewhere under that pile.  Either that or there is a murder victim in the next aisle!  😁

14 comments:

Andy said...

Sounds like a job for an Old World detective... Inspector Jacques Clouseau.

Steve Reed said...

Hmmmm...is there enough room under that shelf for a body?!

Karl said...

Looks like there is somewhere a murdered bottle... :)

Christine said...

It makes me think of Agatha Christie or possibly Jessica Fletcher! If she were at the wine tasting then there was sure to be a murder!!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

If it was an 'old world' expensive wine I guess there are many who would consider this a murder ☺☺

Lowell said...

I have three problems with wine-tasting parties. One is as you mentioned - the alcohol may lead to violence, even murder! Another is that a decent bottle of wine may get broken by some numbskull who can't work the opener (I'm not mentioning any names). Thirdly, some people taste so much wine their wife has to drive them home. Hey, nobody said a "taste" was less than a glass!

Judy said...

Sounds like your kind of event! Was there a prize for getting them right?

LOLfromPasa said...

Love your imagination :).

William Kendall said...

It does look like blood, but that's going to be a headache to clean up- probably a whole section of the shelf has to be removed.

Bill said...

I love this! The crime scene needs to be sectioned off and dusted for prints. :)

RedPat said...

A case for Poirot?

Catalyst said...

I've been reading a collection of Poirot stories at bedtime. This is definitely a case for Hercule.

Thérèse said...

Excellent!
It would make a nice book cover.

Jack said...

I'm going for a nice, juicy murder!