Wednesday, October 19, 2016

What is it About Fountains?


There is just something about an attractive fountain that draws me in every time.  I just got a glimpse of this one from the street and I had to double back to get a closer look.


I found it at an office complex in Scottsdale called The Pinnacle.  The complex appeared to house offices of lots of financial businesses with a few insurance companies thrown into the mix but that fountain in the center sets it apart rather nicely.  What a great place to take a break from work or to have your lunch.

13 comments:

Andy said...

I always find that the moving water of fountains give off a soothing sound.

Christine said...

I imagine lunch by the fountain would be very enjoyable.

Kate said...

Water hold an ancient attraction to us; it's pretty primal, I think. This one is enhanced by a very good-looking fountain.

Steve Reed said...

Living in a desert community probably makes a water feature doubly appealing! We all like the sound of water on a primal level, as Kate said.

William Kendall said...

It certainly is pretty!

Judy said...

That's an unusual design.

Lowell said...

I agree with your sentiment about fountains. Perhaps they symbolize the flow of life...the water, like the days of our lives, keeps moving on. And the moving water dramatizes that energy that drives us.

Well, that's one interpretation... :)

RedPat said...

I like it, Sharon! It must be particularly nice to hear it in the middle of your very hot summers.

Catalyst said...

It looks like a modernistic teapot. And it looks refreshing.

LOLfromPasa said...

That is one fine fountain in the perfect setting.

Jack said...

It's a strong one, isn't it? It somehow reminds me of a Mayan pyramid.

Mo said...

I think it starts when we are children and love splashing in any water.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think fountains are just so calming Sharon, the sound of flowing water or something 😊 I can see why you were drawn to this one, it's very different, as Jack said, a little Egyptian looking ☺