Sunday, October 30, 2016

Celebration at the Garden


The Dia de los Muertos celebraron is going on at the Desert Botanical Garden this weekend so I made a visit there on Saturday to check it out.  

This Handsome couple were at the entrance greeting guests as they arrived.  I asked if they would mind a photo and they graciously posed for me and a couple more people who followed me in.






















This is a photo of the community altar for the celebration.  It is a custom to build an altar to honor the loved ones who have passed and to place offerings on the altar for the deceased.  This one had lots of flowers, candles and paper flowers, traditional offerings.  Tomorrow I'll show you some of the interesting things I saw at the event.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting the home of a Victorian artist who painted a painting that almost everyone will recognize.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Another fun event I missed out on.

Lowell said...

I don't understand this fascination with the dead. Perhaps it's felt if we pay homage to death it will leave us alone? Very colorful, though, and I love that first shot! Perfect!

Judy said...

I just love the colorful costumes. Those dresses are so beautiful.

Steve Reed said...

I love the way the woman is flaring her skirt to maximize the color!

William Kendall said...

They certainly both stand out.

RedPat said...

Wonderful couple, Sharon!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Superd love to see that

Catalyst said...

This one crept up on me this year!

Bob Crowe said...

Dress up and play dead. I still think it's strange.

Lois said...

What a great pose! I like their outfits.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the way they got right into it for you Sharon, that guy has 'attitude' ☺

Kate said...

Love the facial make-up!