Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What a Surprise


Weekend before last, I got in my car and headed out to find something interesting to photograph.  I actually had been thinking that it was getting harder and harder to find something interesting and new for the blog.  So, I started to drive and found myself in Tempe and decided to park at the Tempe Center for the Arts on the Tempe Town Lake and get some photos of the new dam they recently installed.  So, I snapped a few photos of the dam and then wandered over toward the center and when I rounded I corner I came upon this scene of four ladies posing for photos in their sparkly swimwear.  I use the term swimwear loosely, because I'm quite certain these sequin studded pieces of fabric have never been exposed to swimming pool water.


After snapping a few photos of my own, I went inside the center and based on the vendors I saw, I figure there must have been some kind of fitness contest going on.  There were quite a few vendors selling fitness clothing.

And here I was feeling like there isn't anything interesting to photograph anymore.  Silly me!

13 comments:

Christine said...

Photos of bikini clad women or a dam? No contest!!

Stefan Jansson said...

That was a nice surprise.

Andy said...

Thank you! You made my day! What can I say... I'm a guy.
PS: I know that feeling of searching for something new to photograph.

LOLfromPasa said...

That worked out well for you. These ladies certainly do look fit.

Halcyon said...

Certainly an interesting photo op! I am sure it will appeal to your male readers. :-)

Karl said...

Surely some sort of contest. Each model has a numbered bikini...

Steve Reed said...

Ha! That's awesome. I was going to say that they look like female bodybuilders! I've had similar experiences -- every time I feel like I'm running out of things to photograph life hands me something.

Judy said...

You just never know what you're going to find. That's a good reason to never go out without your camera.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

There's always something interesting around the corner to snap Sharon. Your ladies here look way too fit 😀 that was a super fun and unexpected encounter 😀

William Kendall said...

Very much appreciated, Sharon! :)

RedPat said...

Just when you think you have pics of everything! Good catch, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

Silly indeed! 😜

Jack said...

A fitness contest or exhibition makes sense. Hardly a beauty contest! And I know what you mean about feeling dry. We all go through that. it is one reason I usually autopost a run of photos when I have a good day or when I run across something interesting. It helps when the dry days come.