Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The New Dam


Today's post isn't as sexy as yesterday's post but, here is the new dam on the Tempe Town Lake that I mentioned in yesterday's post.  A few years ago I posted a photo of the original dam which was an inflatable rubber bladder.  That old dam proved to be no match for the wicked Arizona sun and at one time the lake had to be drained because the dam broke.  So recently this new and improved dam was put up using much stronger materials that won't whither away as the sun beats down on them.


This new dam looks like it will do the job nicely.

11 comments:

Halcyon said...

I find the new dam sexy in its own way. ;-)

Christine said...

Definitely more masculine today! I'm even reminded of WWII machine gun stands in the dam fortifications!

Steve Reed said...

To me, this post is MORE sexy. LOL! Seriously, that is a nice dam. The technology looks interesting.

William Kendall said...

It looks well built.

MaryAnn said...

Your photos encourage me to explore Phoenix area when I am there visiting family. I been to museums, checked out Old Town Scottsdale and now I will go look at a dam. Thank you for your photos

RedPat said...

I'm sure this will last a lot longer than the inflatable one, Sharon!

Judy said...

That looks like a good one. I've not seen it so this is interesting.

Mo said...

Quite attractive for a dam

Billy Blue Eyes said...

The sculpture just looks like it needs a Phoenix rising from it. The dam does look like it will do the job

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's more like it Sharon 😊

Jack said...

So the damn dam didn't dam the river? The Arizona sun must do a number on a great many building materials.