Sunday, September 25, 2016

That Castle


If you've been following my site for a long time, you probably remember when my friend David and I worked with the City of Phoenix to help get the Tovrea Castle open to the public.  I'm so glad this historic Phoenix landmark in our city is thriving today.  I hope it will soon start hosting events.  It's a great place for a small gathering of people.  I took this photo back in November of 2010.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting an English university town.

8 comments:

Judy said...

It's one of those landmark places that everyone knows. I'm glad it is being used and cared for.

RedPat said...

I do remember you being involved in that. It's good to see the effort has had good results!

Catalyst said...

The castle is beautiful but I'm not sure I like that green and white topper they've put on it.

Jack said...

Yes, I do remember your photos of Tovrea. Glad to learn that it is succeeding. And happy to know that you are out traveling in England. I will have to check out your Sojourn blog.

Bob Crowe said...

Never heard of this. Looks like it would make a crazy home. You and David have no end of things to do, do you?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It looks tres majestic up there on the hill, the restoration is brilliant and as you say a unique venue for an event Sharon.

Kate said...

Good work, Sharon. The cacti really emphasizes the Southwest landscape. Wonderful!

William Kendall said...

It is impressive!