Sunday, September 4, 2016

Library Sculpture


I have one last photo to show you from the Phoenix Public Library.  I actually posted a photo of this sculpture before but it was way back in 2008.  I really do like this sculpture and it's by a world renowned artist Amaldo Pomodoro.  Pomodoro's sculptures are influenced by emerging technology.

When I went to Italy a few years ago, I got to see another of his sculptures that is located on the grounds of the Vatican.  It's also a very interesting piece.  You can see it here.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Appropriately, I'm visiting another place located at the Vatican.

8 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's pretty spectacular Sharon, he has a flair for the dramatic. His Sphere within a Sphere in Rome is equally breathtaking!

Judy said...

I like the fact that libraries have wonderful sculptures for everyone to enjoy.

Lowell said...

This is an amazing piece of work. I'd love to see it in person and to have the time to check out all the details!

RedPat said...

I like it a lot, Sharon!

MaryAnn said...

I went to the Heard and the modern Art museum in Scottsdale this week, inspired by your photos. Will go to the Library next time

Catalyst said...

I've seen this!

Steve Reed said...

It looks like a Borg cube from Star Trek.

William Kendall said...

I see I'm not the only one to think of a Borg cube.