Friday, September 30, 2016

Calico Prickly Pear



Back in June of 2014, I visited the Four Seasons Resort in the far northern reaches of Scottsdale.  It is a beautiful southwestern style resort.  I posted a few photos from there a while back.

I didn't post this photo of a calico prickly pear located in the lobby of the resort.





















It was located up against a window so it was difficult to photograph the whole thing.  It was made of a mosaic of glass pieces.
































When I went outside the resort I found a real prickly pear that looked pretty good up against the stucco walls of the resort.

7 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Fantásticas fotografias gostei bastante da peça escultórica.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
Andarilhar

Judy said...

I wonder who the artist is. It fits right in with the Southwest style.

RedPat said...

I like it! And it would require little care!

Catalyst said...

I was just out photographing a prickly pear with fruit on it this week.

Kate said...

It looks almost human~

William Kendall said...

Quite intricate, and I like the contrast with the real thing.

Steve Reed said...

Imaginative!