Friday, September 23, 2016

A Book Event


In January of 2015, I took photos of a book launch event for a friend.  The book was called "Laid Open - 21 Men" and it consisted of interviews with 21 men known to the author Rea Bennett.  My close friend David was one of the men in the book.  This is David greeting guests at the event.


And, here is David next to his photograph that was used in the book along with some of the dialog from the book.  The portrait was taken by Troy Aossey who took all of the photos for the book.  He did an amazing job with David's portrait.  It really looks fantastic.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Interesting! I want to read it now! That IS a terrific portrait in the second picture.

Kate said...

I am back again after a self-imposed hiatus from blogging, a failed attempt! Missed all of you too much to continue!! These portraits are wonderful. Davd looks happy to be there.

Judy said...

Very cool! I didn't know that David was featured in the book.

RedPat said...

That portrait really is wonderful, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

Thanks for sharing these shots, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

How very cool! And your friend David has model-type looks.

Jack said...

He's famous! I don't think my photograph is in any book and it doesn't look like it will any time soon.