Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Southern Foothills


While I was out prowling the foothills of South Mountain looking for a good skyline shot for yesterday's theme, I snapped a few photos of some homes I saw perched on the slopes.  This one has a very uniform and somewhat stark front but it sits right on the edge of a hill so I'm guessing the views from the back are pretty spectacular.  In fact, it wasn't far from here where I snapped my skyline shot.


This one has a perfect southwestern look going on.  The words "High Chaparral" come to mind when viewing this one.




And one home had this very tall sculpture perched on a steep slope at the side of their home.

There were a lot of interesting things to see on this southern drive.


10 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love seeing Arizona architecture Sharon, the design couldn't be more appropriate for the climate.. as for the horse sculpture, I bet it looks magnificent on the side of the hill!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing the unique homes along the way & the horse is fantastic!

Kate said...

The casa in the top photo needs some help in landscaping to relieve the starkness of the exterior facade.

Lowell said...

Very interesting houses. I remember South Mountain only in that we drove up there a couple of times and I played golf on a course at the foot of the mountain one time. I do remember you could get a great view of the city from up there.

Judy said...

I like the water saving landscapes. I have always liked those hammered metal horses. I have a photo of one on my wall.

RedPat said...

Love those houses, Sharon! And the horse. We should do a garden ornament theme one month!

William Kendall said...

The sculpture is unexpected but a delight!

Bob Crowe said...

I like the stark feel. It has vibrations of abstract art and minimalist music. I don't think that horse is very healthy, though.

Steve Reed said...

That middle house DOES look like something from an old Western. Well, slightly updated. :)

Jack said...

That first house looks like it is right on the road. Hope the view out back is terrific.