Sunday, August 14, 2016

Big Clouds on the Horizon


I took a long drive out to far North Scottsdale late Friday afternoon to meet some friends and on the way I noticed a huge buildup of big, puffy clouds headed this way.


I drove a little way past my destination in order to capture some of those spectacular clouds.  They were such a brilliant white.


Later when I was driving back toward home I could see an interesting sunset building up.


So I found another place to pull over and get a shot before it faded away.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting one of my favorite gardens located 60 miles east of Phoenix.

10 comments:

Andy said...

That is one awesome cloud in the first photo.

Lowell said...

Clouds aren't usually so white. These are very impressive and the sunset was a perfect way to end a "cloudy" day!

Steve Reed said...

Interesting clouds can really make a landscape photo!

Kate said...

Your day observing nature produced some spectacular images!

Judy said...

I love those gorgeous big clouds. Sometimes they look like they will bring rain, but they don't.

Catalyst said...

There were great clouds up here yesterday, too, but I forgot to take any pictures.

RedPat said...

I love those big white powerful clouds, Sharon!

Bob Crowe said...

Do these clouds portend rain out your way?

The power lines look a little ominous.

William Kendall said...

Those tend to indicate coming rain here.

Jack said...

The white clouds in the first two images are really beautiful.