Sunday, March 6, 2016

Past, Present and Future


Continuing on my Scottsdale Art Walk from last Thursday, I stopped in at the Bonner David Gallery on Main Street to see an exhibit of paintings by Nocona Burgess.  Burgess is a Comanche from Lawton Oklahoma and he has a unique talent of capturing the essence of the Native American.

I love the bold colors used in these paintings. They really do bring the past into the present and the future.

You can see more of his work on this link.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  It's just a short drive north of Phoenix.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

His work reminds me of early Fritz Sholder.

I'm so happy to be back. There's always something to see and enjoy.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent link, I do like his use of bold colours very much Sharon.

Kate said...

Oh, how I LOVE Native American art, and I envy your ability to live in an area where it is so readily available. Last weekI found out too late but a friend told me about Sun Country's special fare sale, one of which includes Phoenix. I must be more alert to this in the future so I can fly to your fair city for several day to visit all these marvellous cultural spots you visit regularly.

cieldequimper said...

I was so in awe of Burgess' works I saw in Santa Fe... These are brilliant, I love him!

LOLfromPasa said...

This does look an interesting exhibit. Enjoying your photography.

William Kendall said...

Vivid, powerful work in these, Sharon.

VP said...

Some really interesting works!

RedPat said...

I could happily live with any of these works, Sharon!

Lowell said...

They certainly dramatize certain aspects of Native American features.