Sunday, February 14, 2016

Art and Light

This large tower of silver and light is located near the entrance to the Desert Botanical Garden and leads the way to the other "light" exhibits.

As I said in my post yesterday, all of the installations have been created by artist Bruce Munro.

























This large dome is also created with water bottles that have been filled with fiber optic threads.  It changes color the same as the water towers I featured yesterday.  I caught this gentleman taking a closer look at how it all works.


Lining one of the garden paths were hundreds of these light units called fireflies.  It was a bit magical to walk along this path with these lights on both sides lighting the way.  I had seen all these installations several times during my daytime visits but this was the first time I had seen them lit up at night and I enjoyed it very much.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting one of the best preserved of the 21 California Missions.

13 comments:

Karl said...

Beautiful installations !

Steve Reed said...

Great photo opps!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh la! Fabulous Sharon. Love the water bottle creations here and yesterday but so far I can't go past the fireflies, j'adore, so pretty and delicate.

Lowell said...

Perfect installations for photography which is all about light!

Plus, on another subject, we do need a lot more light and less heat these days!

VP said...

Love that second photo!

William Kendall said...

The dome particularly fascinates me, Sharon!

RedPat said...

I wish I was there to see these, Sharon! Beautiful!

cieldequimper said...

Sharon, there's jealousy here again... :-)

Kate said...

Lights and glass work very well together. Love the photo with the spectator closely examining the installation.

Lois said...

Just catching up on your posts from yesterday and today. These are lovely Sharon!

LOLfromPasa said...

I do like this sort of light. I wonder if I could do a mini version of one of these in our garden.

Jack said...

I think the dome gets a maybe. This is the kind of exhibition where I might not like very many of the individual works, I love the idea and the overall exhibition.

Stefan Jansson said...

Some great installations here.