Thursday, January 21, 2016

Public Art & Private Art

I found this sculpture in a very small public space in old town Scottsdale one weekend.  I tried to find something to indicate the artist but none was found.  It's located near a lot of galleries and especially one that has other sculptures outside it's doors.


























This sculpture of a saguaro cactus is located on the gallery property.  I didn't see a sculptor's name on this one either and it has been bolted to the ground so I think it's there to stay.

Both of these sculpture add to the artistic atmosphere of this Scottsdale area.

16 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Like the first sculpture

Stefan Jansson said...

The scrap metal one is funky.

Steve Reed said...

I thought that was a REAL cactus!

LOLfromPasa said...

The top one has an Aztec feeling to it, I think. It is cold here in England and visiting your blog has warmed me up!

Halcyon said...

I probably wouldn't have recognized the second one as a sculpture, if you hadn't said anything!

Lowell said...

That first sculpture made me laugh! The 2nd one looks very real. Nice!

Kathy said...

I really like both of these.

VP said...

The first is funny, but the natural one is nicer...

William Kendall said...

The second sculpture certainly does look like the real thing.

cieldequimper said...

I'd really have liked to know what the first one is. The second one is a hoot (sorry but it made me laugh!!)

RedPat said...

I could have that 2nd one here sitting out in the cold - love it!

Catalyst said...

Public art. Nothing like it.

Karl said...

I like both and I also thought that the second was a real cactus!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like them both Sharon, at first glance the cactus looks quite real, or is that just moi :)

Kate said...

Different kinds of sculptures, but both are worthy images for your camera.

Jack said...

Love the cactus.