Saturday, January 9, 2016

Okay, Much Better


Okay, things are looking up again.  The clouds are breaking up and there are patches of blue showing through.  It's still about 10 to 12 degrees cooler than normal but I hear we will be gradually warming up again.  Whew!  I'm thankful for the rain but happy it's leaving for a while.


I ran some errands yesterday and stopped at the Heard Museum for lunch.  That's were I saw this Arizona chicken adorning a table across the room.  I asked the waitress if she would bring it over to my table so I could snap a photo of it and she cheerfully obliged.  It is a piece of Native American folk art as described on the tag.  I thought it was kind of cute.

























And here's one last shot taken in exactly the same spot as yesterday's last shot.  The street is drying out and the patch of blue is a welcome sight.

9 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I envy you for just being able to go to lunch at the Heard museum!

Kate said...

Lots of sunshine now! I love Native Ameican art of all kinds and should have lived in Southwest.

William Kendall said...

That last shot is my favourite, Sharon!

Lowell said...

I'm glad that you're back basking in Arizona sunshine. Love the chicken, although it's probably the strangest looking chicken I've ever seen!

VP said...

The got strange chicken in Arizona...

RedPat said...

Love the chicken, Sharon! Glad you are sunny again.

Kathy said...

It was definitely a nicer day today but I forgot to take my gloves to the farmers market and at 7:30 it was only 42 degrees! Brrrrr! (Okay, Easterners and Northerners. We realize that 42 is downright balmy for you guys!)

Catalyst said...

This reminds me of a time when I lived in Phoenix and we had had two or three cloudy and rainy days in a row. I asked Judy "Doesn't the sun ever shine around here?" I think it was said in humor but I'm not sure. We do get spoiled in (the true) Sunshine State.

Steve Reed said...

I like the before & after rain shots. Glad it's finally drying out a bit there!