Sunday, January 17, 2016

Houses in Many Styles


While returning home from a few errands, I took a turn into a neighborhood near my house to see where the road would take me.  What I found was a neighborhood of splendid homes in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles.  This one above is rather modern with an equally modern landscape.


This looks like it might be new.  There was an open house sign in front and I was tempted to go in but, I was afraid they ask me what my budget for a new house was so I didn't.


This one has a wonderful yard with big trees and it's southwestern look is very appealing to me.


Going in a completely different direction, this one is very stark and plain and looks a bit like a fortress.


This flat-roofed house was constructed of brick and is covered with vines.  It also has an appealing look.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  A weekend stay and a New York luxury hotel is in store.

20 comments:

Andy said...

Much better than the cookie cutter subdivisions I see here.

Thérèse said...

All these are very appealing, one can feel the easy use of available land space.

Anonymous said...

I would love to live there so bad!
They're so big and I like their front gardens too.

Lowell said...

I like the variation and the more traditional as well as the ultra-modern. Methinks, however, these are beyond my price range. Thanks for the post - I enjoyed it a lot!

William Kendall said...

Very modern looks to these. I think they'd be out of place here.

cieldequimper said...

Interesting architectures, two of them look a bit like bunkers to me :-) and I agree that the SW style is cool!

RedPat said...

They are all quite large and I like them all except that bunker. Its style looks a bit dated.

Steve Reed said...

I sort of like that fortress house. I bet beyond that wall there's a lot of glass.

Catalyst said...

I like the same two you do. My legs aren't made for stairs anymore!

Jack said...

Fine houses, but all different. In both Hartford and Naples, neighborhoods are usually far more consistent.

Bob Crowe said...

Phoenix is nothing if not eclectic. I like to see the homes with desert landscaping, foregoing water-wasting lawns.

Girija Vijayan said...

These are all dream houses.........just to dream of, never to tell!

LOLfromPasa said...

Even the front gardens have a lot of variety. Love this collection of homes. So fun to look at.

Kate said...

Atatractive as it is, it doesn't seem to me to be a typical Southwestern casa, whatever that might be.

Kathy said...

I've been looking at houses in much different neighborhoods!

Kate said...

I looked only at the last house; I need to go back and review them more carefully!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh so many completely different styles of architecture in one neighbourhood Sharon, you do have the most interesting walks!

Karl said...

Interesting, so many different styles !

VP said...

The first and the third ones look like bunkers, the fourth like a prison, but the others are very nice.

CountryMum said...

Such variety in the housing. It is most interesting to see.