Monday, January 25, 2016

Be an Angel

There is a store called "The Angel Store" in old town Scottsdale where every passerby is encouraged to be an angel by standing in front of these wonderful wings and having a photo taken.

They were a little high for me.  My head would have been there in the middle somewhere.  I waited to see if anyone would stop for a photo but no one did so I just got a photo of the sign.   Next time I'm in Scottsdale I'll have to see if I can find someone willing to be an angel for me.

16 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Were is the selfie then, I'd have done one

Steve Reed said...

They need to give people some kind of step up, if they need it! (A concrete block, maybe?)

LOLfromPasa said...

Yes, I like the 'selfie' idea too. Go on Sharon - go for it :).

Suburban Girl said...

Love that idea.

Kate said...

I wonder if that black rack below the wings could me a means of lowering the sign?

Mo said...

Well they bombed out here then, aren't angels supposed to be really small. Not giants?

Karl said...

Cute wings !

Lowell said...

If you took a photo of me as an angel people would laugh and laugh and laugh!

Jack said...

You would have to stand on blocks and I would have to crouch! But, like Lowell, no one would believe a picture of me with angel wings.

VP said...

Funny, but Lowell's comment would be appropriate also in my case...

cieldequimper said...

Ditto Lowell and VP.
I need the real thing though...

RedPat said...

It reminds me of the movie Michael where John Travolta played an angel and his wings were always peeking out from under his overcoat.

William Kendall said...

I think I'd be in the same predicament as Lowell!

Halcyon said...

Neat idea!

Bob Crowe said...

My first photography teacher at the Maine Media Workshops once walked around lower Manhattan with a pair of theatrical angel wings, asking random passers-by to stop for a photo. The results were both moving and hilarious.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

They're such fun Sharon, I remember we had them here in Perth.