Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back on the West Side


On Monday I posted a mural I found on the west side arts district of a human heart.  Today I'm posting the lungs to go with it.  This street planter was found along Grand Avenue along with several others but, on closer look at this photo I see a signature, Dambrova.  I looked it up and sure enough found the artist for both this and the heart is one Bill Dambrova.  If you are interested in his work, click the link.  For those of you who found the heart a little disturbing you might want to pass.  The artist states: "Painting allows me to explore, and share worlds that would normally remain unseen.  ....I am mystified by the inner workings of living things and the events that take place in our bodies and minds."  Indeed! His art definitely has a "vascular" look to it.



Here is another one of the street planters.  This one has a flower theme that is quite attractive.  Tomorrow I'll show you some of the other art I found along the street.

18 comments:

Andy said...

It's frigid cold here and your colourful pictures brighten my day up. Thank you. I checked out Bill Dambrova's web page and I like the way he uses colour in his art work.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting works by Dambrova. It seems like his works on paper have a collage element to them, as well. I like the one with the brain coral and all the mushrooms -- definitely a reference to psychoactive substances, I think!

Kate said...

I like Dambrova's philosophy and do not find his murals at all disturbing! More interesting!

Karl said...

The second one is my preferred.

William Kendall said...

The second one suits me more.

Halcyon said...

An interesting policy on art. It's maybe not my favorite work, but I kind of like it.

RedPat said...

I like the 2nd one best but I do like some of the work on his site! An interesting man who has done a lot.

cieldequimper said...

I don't mind heart and lungs, they are what makes us live... Funny that we should not like seeing them! The second one is cheerful!

LOLfromPasa said...

I like them all!

Lowell said...

I wanted to write a long dissertation on this work, but for some reason my heart is racing and my lungs are congested and I think that planter set off my allergies. Other than that, I feel really great!

Catalyst said...

I like public art as long as it's not graffiti.

Lois said...

I don't mind seeing the heart and lungs, but I think I prefer the flowers!

Bob Crowe said...

Well, um, maybe he should run an anatomy lab.

Kathy said...

The lungs aren't quite as gruesome as the heart was. But I'd snatch up the flower design in a minute!

betty-NZ said...

How lovely they are! It's nice to have such beauty along with the plants.

Thérèse said...

I don't mind but I must admit that I admire more the craft than the theme.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I looooove his style and his sense of fun Sharon, had a look at the link, some of the titles for his work made me smile :)

VP said...

The second is much nicer than the first one...