Sunday, August 16, 2015

Quiet Downtown


The plaza between the Wells Fargo Building and the garage building is very quiet on this day.  I actually took this on a Sunday so there weren't many people out and about.  Yesterday when I was downtown there were quite a lot of people on on the streets in spite of the extreme heat.  The past few days have been real scorchers here in our desert city.  The temperature has been hovering around the 115f/46c mark all week long.  Just a short time outside is exhausting.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I found a hidden gem in Rome.

11 comments:

Mersad said...

I bet it's hot for you guys, but the shot has some coolness to it. Maybe it's because of the shade.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Birdman said...

Sunday AM, my favorite time to get these shots.

Anonymous said...

No wonder it's so quiet!

cieldequimper said...

I don't know how you do it those temperatures. I just don't know!

Judy said...

I'm ready for fall.

RedPat said...

I like Sunday mornings for shooting too! It is 30˚C here right now and I'm finding that pretty hot - 36˚C with the humidity. I don't think I could handle your temps!

Halcyon said...

And I thought it was hot here! ;-)
Luckily we had rain last night and things have cooled down... for now. At least you have air conditioning to make things bearable.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh Sharon.. that's even hotter than we get here! I can't actually remember the last 46C day, 43C now and then but 46C oh la!

William Kendall said...

It would take a lot for us to get up that hot... we're around 31C with humidity, and that's bad enough for me.

Jack said...

I like this composition. 115? We have been coping with low 90s here for the last few days and I thought that was oppressive. The difference is that out here the heat comes with high humidity and out there you more often get dry heat, don't you?

Kate said...

I cannot imagine that kind of heat. This time of day is the best to be out and about, taking photos.