Thursday, August 27, 2015

Macro Challenge


A month or two ago I joined a group on Flickr called Macro Mondays.  They have a weekly theme-based challenge and the members shoot a macro photo based on the theme.  I really liked this one that I created for last Monday's challenge.   The theme was "Divided".  I photographed this divided flower on a small mirror and used some orange netting to create that mottled background.


A few weeks ago the subject was "Still Life" so I created this little scene using a tiny candelabra and some tiny books.  I've enjoyed challenging myself to come up with something for each theme.

15 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Love the divided flower! Very creative. It looks like a windstorm is tearing it apart...

Anonymous said...

Well done, it's good to experiment!

Karl said...

Nicely done, Sharon, like the divided flower !

Birdman said...

Really like that flower.

Kathy said...

Absolutely stunning first photo. The mirror gave the final photo an appearance of petals flowing in the air.

Lowell said...

You are so very creative! These are both terrific compositions. Saw a photo of a really scary dust storm coming over Phoenix. Hope you survived OK!

VP said...

I like them both, with a slight preference for the first one!

LOLfromPasa said...

Your imagination is second to none to come up with these ideas. Very nice.

William Kendall said...

Both are very pretty!

glenda said...

What a fun challenge, I especially enjoy the flower. It looks like it is blowing in the wind.

RedPat said...

The flower shot is wonderful, Sharon!

Judy said...

Both nice shots but I am really drawn to the flower.

Mari said...

They are both wonderful choice for the subject. Really nice shots too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh well done Sharon, two tres fab images for the theme. I particularly like the first, what a good idea.

cieldequimper said...

You're very good at it!