Friday, August 14, 2015

Cheery Lynn & Coronado


I have some representatives of our historic neighborhoods here in Phoenix, the two today are called Cheery Lynn and Coronado.  The house above is from the Cherry Lynn neighborhood, an area with a lot of 1930's era houses.  This one with a Spanish look.


This one in that same neighborhood also sports a Spanish style architecture and has some very nice shade trees.


The Coronado neighborhood is one of the largest areas and has all styles of bungalow-sized homes that date from the 1920's.  This one looks rather smashing with it's red awning.


This one also has a nice shade tree but I like that rock trim on the house.  The Coronado neighborhood is where I found the unusual door that I posted back on July 26th.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty selection of houses!

Mersad said...

Some beautiful homes.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Kate said...

The two top photos feature house that seem more Southwest than the other two.

Karl said...

These are all nice, Sharon, I don't know which I would choose.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like the eclectic style of this neighbourhood Sharon!
P.s. I hope Julie and I'm sure others win against the big developers, doesn't sound like the new development will fit in at all!

Birdman said...

Ay Disney, we've stayed at the Coranado Springs Resort a few times. Does that count?

RedPat said...

I really like that Spanish style one, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

The second to last one really appeals to me, Sharon.

Judy said...

Looks like a nice area!

cieldequimper said...

I like the touches of red. And the trees!

Kathy said...

I like the little bungalows in the Coronado District.

Catalyst said...

When I lived in Phoenix back in the 70's and 80's, I always thought the Cheery Lynn neighborhood was misspelled and it should have been Cherry Lynn. But I guess it was named after some developer's little girl.

Nice selection of houses.

LOLfromPasa said...

I know I have said this before about some of the houses you have shared - these remind me so much of homes I used to see around Pasadena, CA, when I lived there. They are wonderful.

Halcyon said...

I love those little bungalows!

Jack said...

Wouldn't it be fun to live in a neighborhood called "Cheery Lynn"? I have been looking at houses on Cape Cod, and a couple have been ruled out simply because the builders gave the streets stupid names. I have SOME dignity.